Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Mess of a Life


The past couple of weeks have been really hectic. I've been trying to keep up with all the blogs I follow and also try to update this one. However, I haven't done the best of jobs.


Since November 3rd, I've had almost 600 3-page papers to grade. The joy of working for a university is the amount of work that must be completed on a deadline. I love my job, but the past couple of weeks have been so hectic.


Plus, my graduate classes are winding down. I have lots of work to do for my healthcare finance and nonprofit finance classes. Ugh! I can't wait for May to come. I just pray to God that I can get everything done and do well with this degree.


Also in this time, Mr. McB got a brand new job. He not works for the WVU Cancer Center with the medical director. Yay! Finally a job that revolves around the work he did for his maters degree. We can't wait to move-WV offers very few jobs in our field.


In an earlier blog, I requested prayer for Mr. McB's aunt as we rushed up to NYC to be with her. Well, she passed away. She had battled breast cancer for about 8 years and we are thankful that God put her at peace. However, the loss of a loved one is a hard thing to go through. I've lost two aunts to breast cancer and I've also lost my uncle, grandfather and two close family friends (like an aunt and uncle). I hope you will continue to pray for Mr. McB and his family. We are all in need of continued thoughts and prayers. This Thanksgiving was extremely hard for us since it was the first holiday without her.


After getting back from NYC, I got extremely sick for the next couple of days. Luckily, I'm feeling better now. I hate being sick and laying around. There was so much I could have done during those days I was sick.


Mr. McB did a fabulous job in putting together a surprise party for my birthday. The time wasn't the easiest for him, but he still showed me why I love him so much. We went out for my favorite dinner, Mexican. When we got to the restaurant, there was a huge table set up with many of my close friends.


Here are all the girls celebrating my birthday! Thanks girls! You're the best.


I also got some pretty fabulous gifts. Mr. McB got me some awesome scrapbooking stuff. I love to scrapbook, but I find it hard to take the time to do it. He got me some awesome stuff to make me take the time. :)




He got me this awesome Cutterbee in pink with some other Cutterbee things in pink. I love it all.



Mr. McB also got me a WVU vest. I love it and have already worn it a million times. What a great buy! :)


My bestests also got me great gifts. I received Sex and the City The Movie. If you haven't seen it, it is a must.

I also received a Vera Bradley Pink Elephant Cool Keeper. This was such a great buy. I have always been a breast cancer advocate and I love this pattern.

Mr. McB's BFF got me two pieces of Vera Bradley in Java Blue. I love getting Vera! :)

My actual birthday was less than exciting. Mr. McB and I drove into our hometown. The next day, we had dinner with my family. Dinner was terrible. I wanted to go to a steakhouse, but they could not get my steak right. Finally, I just stuck with eating my sweet potatoe. However, I have missed my family and I had a fine time, especially with my little cousin.

We then drove up to New Jersey for Mr. McB's aunt's memorial service. The service was nice, but it was a very hard and sad time. I did enjoy being with the other part of my family, who I haven't seen in ages.

Unfortunately, our car broke down on the way back and Mr. McB and I almost missed Thanksgiving. To make matters worse, my SIL would have missed her Thanksgiving too. However, God does provide and Mr. McB's dad sure was thinking. We got a U-Haul with a trailer and brought the car back home with us.

Since then life is getting back to normal. I will be a better blogger.

Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving.


1 comment:

Shalane said...

What a whirlwind you've had! I hope and pray things get a little less stressful and easier for you.

Love you lots...

:)