Thursday, February 26, 2009
However, today I found two adorable finds. I probably won't get either, but I think they are both great prices.
They are both from Terry's Village, which has a ton of stuff on sale for really good prices.
The first I would love to have for Kona's leashes. It is a "Wipe Your Paws" wall hook.
The second is an adorable Leprechaun Dip Bowl. Mr. McB is Irish and I think these dip bowls are fabulous. You put ice in the bottom to keep the dip cold.
Help!!! I can't spend any more money!!!
I work in an extremely small office and we have been preparing for special events, our upcoming conference and creating a minor degree. Although higher education is not my field, I have loved my experiences working in our office. If I could stay in higher education and do this, I would totally do it.
The past few days, I have been finalizing things with the massive amounts of students I am specifically working with this semester. I handle the Multidisciplinary Studies program at our center and help the senior students decide on a capstone project. This week, I have been organizing everything and doing my first rounds of check-ins. Also, I have been helping my boss prepare for organizaing a service-learning minor. I'm really excited about WVU having a service-learning minor through our office.
Also, next weekend is our conference in my hometown. I will be extremely business, but it will be a blast. My old co-worker is coming back to help with the conference. I'm so excited to see him!!!! We were such great buds!
Other than being really busy, life is fabulous! I'm loving that it has gotten a little warmer here. I love the start of warm weather. Also, it looks like Mr. McB will be getting a promotion. Yay!
But, it appears I have done something to my lower back. Ouch!!! So, I've been in a lot of pain.
I hope to update with something a little more exciting. :)
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
1. What would a perfect day look like to you?
I have a lot of perfect days I can see. One of my favorite types of days is just spending time with Mr. McB in any way I can. Together, we have formed a lot of my favorite days by doing little adventures together-like traveling to Pittsburgh for the day just to drive around or just driving around and talking.
However, I see my perfect day as a cool summer day spent outside with a lot of friends and family-just enjoying ourselves and cooking good food. It would be ideal if it was at Mr. McB and my dream country home by a pond or stream and listening to country music :)
2. If you became president, what is the first thing you would do?
What a good question! I've never thought about being president, so I really don't have any idea. I have very strong opinions, but not very strong political opinions. I'm really stumped by this one.
3. Chocolate or chips?
Hmm...I don't really like either all that much. Occasionally I do like a little chocolate and sometimes I like to have a handful of chips. I guess it just depends on my mood. Most of the time, I'd probably pick the chips.
4. How did you get into your profession and do you love what you do?
The job I am currently in is not truly my profession. I am finishing up my masters degree and I am in this position while I finish up. I love working with higher education and I love working with the community, but I wish I had more control over my position and exactly what I am doing. Although I overall like what I am doing, it has nothing to do with either of my degrees. I would love to utilize my masters degree and work as a healthcare administrator, especially in a nursing home.
5. What do you love most about your significant other?
There is so much! I would say that I love James the most for what he does for me. I depend on him a lot and rarely does he complain. I know I can count on him for anything-cleaning the house whenever I need help, preparing dinner for us. He's the best!
If you would like to play along here are the directions:1. Leave me a comment & your e-mail address saying, "Interview me." If you dare.2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. The first five 'askers' get the interview!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I was super excited to see the show and wasn't disappointed. I think Jessica should stick to pop music, but I was so happy to see her. Rascal Flatts was amazing as always. Mr. McB wasn't excited about the concert, but came out loving it. He couldn't believe how great Rascal Flatts was. :)
Their entrance at the front of the stage
Joe Don-my favorite-he rubbed my back and winked at me when we met- he definitely favored our side of the stage
Gary-he looks like he has lost some weight
Joe Don again-this is when the balloons and confetti were falling
Mr. McB and I having a good time-he wouldn't make a nice face :)
For actual Valentine's Day weekend, we were going to take a nice trip to a cabin, but decided against it. It would have been nice, but we wanted to save some money.
I got off work early on Friday to no power. When Mr. McB got home, we still had no power. So we decided to go for a drive out to the lake before it got dark.
The lake looked so pretty. This picture doesn't do it justice.
When we got home, there was still no power, because our fuse blew and the rest of the complex had power. It was going to take awhile for us. So we decided to go out to dinner Friday night. We headed to one of my favorite places. I look over and there is one of Mr. McB's co-workers. I say, "Don't you work with him?" Mr. McB replies with "Yeah and there is my boss." So, Mr. McB heads over to speak. His boss buys him a beer and then sees me and buys me a beer. I was thinking-Wow, that's really nice. As soon as he gets back from the bar, we get seated. I felt extremely rude leaving them after just buying us a drink. We get to our table and it is large. So I tell Mr. McB to ask them to join us (they were trying to get in and out for a basketball game). So, we had a nice dinner with Mr. McB's boss and coworker. At the end, they even bought our dinner. It turned out to be a really nice evening.
For Valentine's Day, Mr. McB and I decided to volunteer at the nursing home I use to work for. We volunteered for their Valentine's Day Dance. So, dinner was out. We headed out in the morning to do something, but I had a feeling Valentine's Day was going to be lame. However, Mr. McB had something in mind. He took me to our first "date"-shopping at Target. I got angry until he told me why he took me there-then it hit me-how sweet! I got to get a few treats I don't usually get to buy for myself. Then, Mr. McB took me to get a fishing pole and fishing license. He loves to camp and I get bored easy-so he thought fishing was something we could do together. He also thought we could go to ponds on nice weekends and do devotions and fish. How cute! I love the idea. So, I got a pink breast cancer fishing pole and I can't wait to use it on the first nice weekend we have.
After all that, we went to lunch. We both ate really healthy and it was a great lunch. :)
Finally, we got ready for the Valentine's Day Dance. The residents had a blast and I felt really good doing something for someone else. Here are a few pictures.
Dancing and having a good time!
I hope everyone else had a blessed day! :)
Thursday, February 12, 2009
So, I have been looking into a business license for awhile. However, I just don't know what type of business to do-sole or limited liability. I am somewhat business savvy, but I don't know all of the details. Therefore, I keep putting it off.
So, please pray for me throughout this process and I truly feel in this calling.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
Thank you wonderful and holy God. You are amazing!
1. I love West Virginia with all my heart and soul, but I truly can't wait to move out of here. I think I grew up in one of the most beautiful states, but I am getting tired of things about it, such as the awful job market. However, I know I'll miss the mountains terribly when we move.
2. Although, I love this state and think it is beautiful, especially in the fall, I secretly wish I had grown up a little further south. I love the southern draws on women, the Lilly fasion, the big hats, and the sweet tea. :)
3. I'm so glad my life has turned out as it has, but I didn't think it would be anything like this. I definitely found true love and got married before I ever expected.
4. I love our dog Kona so much. I'd love to live on an old farm property with lots of dogs and horses running around.
5. When I was a competitive figure skater, I had a slight eating disorder. At times, I miss my life during those years.
6. I love to travel, but I truly have no desire to ever go to China or Japan. Places I'd love to visit include: Ireland, Scotland, Greece, Italy, Hawaii and so many more.
7. Although I'm very much of a girly girl, I love to do things with the guys. Before college, I was much more of a guys girl.
8. I am a devoted Baltimore Orioles fan. I know they are no good, but I love them.
9. I love kids. I know it is definitely not the right time to start thinking about them, but I can't wait to have them and for all of our friends to start having them.
10. I can't wait for the day to be called an aunt. Although kids are special, I love the bonds aunts have with their nieces and nephews.
11. I have a blog and could definitely waste so much time checking out all of my blog friends' blogs. They have some fabulous ideas.
12. My wedding day was pretty much everything I dreamed it would be!!!! :)
13. If I could do my dream job, it would definitely be starting my own wedding coordinator business. I already have the name picked out.
14. I am the wedding coordinator for James' and my church. I love it!!!
15. I love scrapbooking. I could spend our life savings on scrapbooking materials.
16. I love to read and I am a fast reader, but I can never find the time with grad school. I can't wait to finally be done in May.
17. I am very competitive. I love to beat people, but I try to keep it under control. Sometimes, depending on the day, I can be really mean about this.
18. I love God with all of my heart and soul and wish I knew how to share this with more people. I've been trying really hard lately to worship Him in the best ways I can.
19. I love everything to do with wine. I would love to be a wine salesperson. However, I don't love every type of wine.
20. I love my family. I think it is strange how families change and evolve and I wish I could go back quite a few years and change everything back to the way it was.
21. I strangely love to wear professional and fancy clothing. However, if I have a chance to relax, I prefer track suits over jeans.
22. Pink is my favorite color. If I could buy everything in pink, I probably would. Also, if something comes in pink, I'm much more inclined to like it.
23. I can be really prissy, but I try really hard to not be as high maintenance all of the time.
24. I am a huge breast cancer awareness advocate. I think it is a very important subject that everyone needs to support and battle.
25. I love my friends more than any of them could know. I think it is very important to show your friends how important they are to you (I need to work on this).
So, if you haven't done this before-tag, you're it!