Monday, February 22, 2010
I believe in:
-the love of my Heavenly Father and His forgiving power
-the love of my wonderful husband-He is my rock
Mr. McB and I at our friend's wedding
-the unconditional love of a pet or two
Kona taking a break while camping
-the support of wonderful friends and family
Friends on our spring break trip
-the importance of staying organized
-a healthy diet and home cooked food--mixed with a little of life's simple pleasures, aka fast food :)
-a fulfilling job that sends you home happy
-taking time for yourself and doing what you enjoy (I enjoy reading and crafts and my life feels so much more fulfilling when I take time out for these things)
-a girl who enjoys sports--you don't have to enjoy all of them
My BFF, Amanda, and I during a WVU football game
-learning from those older than you
-turing a house into a home
Your turn...what do you believe in??
Sunday, February 21, 2010
So, here are my Top 10 Things That Make Me Happy:
1. God and Jesus.
My God is an awesome God. Whenever I feel close to God I am a much happier and healthier person. Unfortunately at times my commitment waivers, but I know God is always there for me ready to wrap me up in his love and arms. Lately I have been working on my commitment to Him.
2. My husband, Mr. McB. He is my best friend and amazing support. Every day I find more reasons why I love him and why I married him. I know through time our love will grow stronger. I can not wait to grow old with the man of my dreams. I adore when he kisses me on the head.
James with Braxton
3. My support system, friends and family. I can always count on my amazing friends and family. I have the best support system in the world. No matter what I may be going through I know exactly who I can turn to.
Part of my family at my wedding-my aunts and cousins
4. My animals. Mr. McB and I have a dog, a cat and a fish. I really love our animals. Kona is a mix we got from the pound and is such a smart dog. Braxton is a rescue kitty and is the most vocal cat I have ever met. He is cuddly and loving. I love having family time and cuddling with Kona and Braxton.
Kona in the snow
Braxton in my bag
5. Teaching. I love teaching people things. This fact is making me reconsider my choice in professions. I had already started my masters degree before relizing how much I love to teach people. I am still considering the possiblity of returning to school for a masters in education.
6. Shopping. I adore to shop. However, I don't just like to buy things. I like to bargin shop. Nothing is more enjoyable or fulfilling than hitting a great deal.
Part of my clothing
7. Crafts. Although I don't have much time for crafts, I love them. My dream is to teach elementary school and work on crafts in my spare time. I would sell my crafts for extra cash.
8. Cooking. I like to cook, but I only like to cook if I am really organized and the food turns out well. I love Mr. McB walking in from work and seeing me in the kitchen.
9. Randomly driving with my husband. I love when Mr. McB and I head out of the house and have time to drive. Most of the time we have a destination, but detouring and drive through different areas just because. Most of my favorite memories with him are because of this.
10. Reading. I love to read, but I don't find much time for it. I have honestly been working hard at setting aside more time for it. I love having and book and reading right before bed.
Now who to tag:
I tag anyone who would like to do this. :)
Friday, February 19, 2010
I have decided to return to the blogging world. Mostly because I want to be able to document my life through this blog. I know it may not be as important to me now-without children, but as Mr. McB and I start to form a family this is a great way to remember all the little details and keep family up to date.
So, let me start over...
I am Mrs. McB. I am in my mid-twenties and we currently live in West Virginia (no jokes please). I was born and raised in West Virginia and am very much a Southern girl (we are south of the Mason-Dixon :) ).
Me on a camping trip with friends
A little background about me:
-I love my parents!!! My mama is one of my best friends-she is fabulous. My dad is hilarious. For awhile as a kid they were seperated, but are now back together. They are both very important to me.
My mama, me and Mr. McB after my masters degree hooding
Me and my daddy at my wedding-laughing of course
-My grandparents have been a huge part of my life. My grandpa (Dahee) pasted away a few years ago and I still miss him daily. I will always remember him with his camera around his neck cracking jokes. My grandma (Mom) is an amazing lady. She is in her 80s and still beautiful!!!
-I have a strong musical background. My family had a singing show in the '70s. I can no longer sing well, but my whole life I have sung and played instruments.
-I was a competitive figure skater. I quit after high school, but it was a large part of my life. I really miss it. Unfortunately my skating led to a small eating disorder in junior high and high school.
-I was in the band and actually loved it. Our band was very divided and not everyone was a band nerd. I quit after high school b/c college band wasn't for me.
-I used to always attempt to fit in, but I have finally come to a place where I realize I have the best friends in the world and there is no point in trying to fit in with people you do not go well with.
With our group of friends before a WVU football game
-I went to West Virginia University. I am a huge fan of WVU Athletics. I have my undergraduate degree in Journalism, Public Relations with a minor in Communication Studies and my masters degree in Public Administration, Healthcare Adminstration.
-I am the Director of Admissions and Marketing for a local nursing home.
-I met Mr. McB while at WVU. We both worked for a sports organization called the Mountaineer Maniacs. We weren't sure about each other at first, but quickly became best friends.
-I married Mr. McB in 2008. I got married much earlier than I expected myself too, but you can't choose who you love. Being a newlywed has been hard, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Mr. McB and me at our wedding reception
-We have a dog, a cat and a fish. We got Kona, our dog, when we were dating. After getting married we decided to get a cat, Braxton. Recently we decided to get a Beta fish and got Berkley. We love all of our animals. I wish I had a lot of property with a lot of animals.
-Mr. McB is a nursing home administrator. In twelve months he will get his own building and we will be moving more than likely. This is one of the reasons I wanted to get use to writing in my blog more--to keep in touch with family and friends.
If you have any questions you would like to ask me, please feel free to leave those in the comments. :)