Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mr. McB's Recent Project


Have I mentioned that I have the best husband? Well, I do.


Getting married fairly young (early-mid 20s), Mr. McB and I have had to handle some hand-me-downs in our life-especially hand-me-down furniture. My mother-in-law was gracious enought to give us her old dressers. We have two matching pieces, but they were stained different colors and had old hardware. Needless to say, the dressers were not Mr. McB and my style.


We decided to refinish them and one day while I was at work, I come home to this.




Our dresser-stripped and sitting in the middle of our place. That evening-my life revolved around this.

The painting of our old furniture. I was thrilled for the process to be happening so soon.


After hours of painting and hours of letting the paint dry and lots of money and wedding gift cards spent on the perfect hardware, Mr. McB and I have beautiful, brand new dressers.


Our beautiful dressers (please ignore the dog blanket in the floor).

What do you think? Did Mr. McB do a good job?

2 comments:

Shalane said...

Looks so good! Nice work, James! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm so impressed! What a tackle and WHAT a great job!!